[av_one_half first] [av_image src=’http://www.getariakotxakolina.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/atala_txakolidegetaria_ing.jpg’ attachment=’4767′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ animation=’no-animation’ link=’manually,http://www.getariakotxakolina.com/getaria-txakoli/since-1989/?lang=en’ target=’_blank’ styling=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=”][/av_image] [/av_one_half] [av_one_half] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
GETARIA TXAKOLI (Basque wine)

Txakoli is a young, fruity white wine. Of moderate strength (11º) and with a slight characteristic acidity, it is a highly unique, distinctive wine. It should be served chilled; that way, it gives off its full range of aromas along with tiny carbonic acid bubbles, which is the result of its characteristic wine-making process.

If you visit one of our registered wineries, we recommend sampling it with salted anchovies and tuna fish or bonito in oil, which is the way we Getaria Txakoli winegrowers like to serve it.

A YOUNG WINE BY TRADITION

Two autochthonous varieties, a white Ondarrabi Zuri variety, which accounts for 95% of the vineyards, and a red Ondarrabi Beltza, accounting for the remaining 5%, are the vine stocks which are wire-trained and cultivated on espaliers to produce the grapes used to make Getaria Txakoli.

Getaria Txakolí is produced by means of careful harvests at the start of the autumn, getting the sugar and acidity balance just right and involving a painstaking wine-making process using state-of-the-art pressing and fermentation technologies.

HOW TO IDENTIFY IT

Getaria Txakoli is identified by the numbered Guarantee Seal which is placed on the top of each bottle and which guarantees that the registered wineries comply with what is stipulated by the current Rules and legislation.

REGULATIONS
[av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’5′ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’] [av_button label=’REGULATIONS: BOPV nº197 17/07/2012 ‘ link=’manually,http://www.jusap.ejgv.euskadi.net/r47-bopvapps/es/bopv2/datos/2012/07/1203257a.pdf’ link_target=’_blank’ size=’small’ position=’left’ icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue84b’ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’] [av_button label=’Pliego de condiciones ‘ link=’manually,http://www.getariakotxakolina.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/pdf/r83766_pliego-cr-gt.pdf’ link_target=’_blank’ size=’small’ position=’left’ icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue84b’ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’] [av_button label=’BOE nº2 02/01/2010 ‘ link=’manually,http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2010/01/02/pdfs/BOE-A-2010-124.pdf’ link_target=’_blank’ size=’small’ position=’left’ icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue84b’ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’] [/av_textblock] [/av_one_half][av_one_half first] [av_button label=’25th ANNIVERSARY (designation of origin for the last 25)’ link=’manually,http://www.getariakotxakolina.com/txakoli-de-getaria/denominacion-de-origen/?lang=es’ link_target=” size=’small’ position=’center’ icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue832′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’] [/av_one_half]

    Regulatory Board of the Designation of Origin of GETARIAKO TXAKOLIN

    Parque Aldamar, 4 bajo.

    20808 Getaria, Gipuzkoa. (País Vasco)

    Tel.: 943 14 03 83

    Fax: 943 89 60 30